Saturday, December 9, 2006

Jimmy Carter has a New Book

I take pride in my ability to see both sides of most issues. I have a goal to be open-minded and moderate with this blog. However, there are certain people about whom I have lost my objectivity. They've proved themselves to me to be consistetly wrong and obnoxious about it. Some examples of people who fit in this category are Jane Fonda, Rosie O'Donnell, Barbara Streisand, and Barbara Boxer. I'm also not fond of Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. Probably my favorite love-to-hate personality is Jimmy Carter. He's written a new book about the Israel/Palestine conflict. What did this well-meaning, fair-minded politician have to say? Why did one of his associates publicly scold him? Read below to find out.


Jimmy Carter is such a disgrace. After a miserable presidency where he led the country to what was arguably its lowest point ever, his actions show me that he supports tyrants at the expense of America. He seems to always be on the news supporting one 2-bit dictator or another
and criticizing the United States. For an example, see the image to the right with Jimmy and his good friend Hugo Chavez, legally elected president of Venezuela(note the sarcasm).

I started doing some research to write an article about this weak-minded optimist, but I came across an article that does better than I ever could. A quote:

Indeed, Carter's penchant for interfering in US foreign policy is so well known it won him a Nobel Prize. Jimmy Carter will go down in history as the first US ex-president ever to be awarded a Nobel Prize for the sole purpose of conveying an insult to his country from the Nobel committee.
Anyway, Jimmy has recently written a book chastising Israel for its treatment of the Palestinians. Lets be honest here and admit that the situation in Israel and Palestine is complicated and fault lies on both sides of the story. However, writing a book full of half truths and omissions is not helpful. The former Middle East Fellow of the Carter Center of Emory University has severed his ties with the Carter Center because of this book. Here is his letter of resignation. A telling quotation:
President Carter's book on the Middle East, a title too inflammatory to even print, is not based on unvarnished analyses; it is replete with factual errors, copied materials not cited, superficialities, glaring omissions, and simply invented segments. Aside from the one-sided nature of the book, meant to provoke, there are recollections cited from meetings where I was the third person in the room, and my notes of those meetings show little similarity to points claimed in the book.
Couldn't Jimmy just stay busy building houses? Now that's a cause I could get behind.

No comments: