Thursday, August 7, 2008

Who is that masked man?

So I'm trying out a new look.













I don't know why, but every few years I'm tempted to grow a beard. Usually it gets itchy right away and I give up. This year I've been growing it for 9 days, which is a record. One new thing this time is the vast amount of whiteness. More evidence that I'm not in my 20s any more.

I've been trying to avoid putting photographs of me on the blog, but I need your help. I'm not sure what to do- should the hair stay or should it go? I've put a poll over on the left. Let me know what you think.

I asked the sunbeams and the vote was 5 to 2 against the hair.

7 comments:

Janelle said...

I say it's whatever your wife votes that counts. She has to kiss you! But I like it. It's different.
Today I was thinking about how hairy Tanner is. It is just blond peachy stuff but it is a precurser of what is to come. His dad is hairy. How early did you get facial hair?

Jefferson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joey said...

I think you should keep it for a while at least. its always fun to try something new.

Anonymous said...

I HAVE OFTEN THOUGHT I WOULD GROW SOME CHIN STUFF BUT DECIDED EARLY ON THAT IT WAS NOT ME. I HAVE A FOTO SOMEHERER OF BEFORE MARRIAGE WHEN I TRIED AND YOUR MOM VETOED IT. BUT WHAT IS THIS THING ABOUT ALL THE WHITE IN THE WISKERS. DONT YOU KNOW THAT MEANS YOU ARE NOW GETTING YOUR WISDOM. YOU KNOW THERE IS A DIRECT CORRELATION BETWEEN THE AMOUNT OF WHITE AND THE AMOUNT OF WISDOM. MY MOM TOLD ME THAT WHEN I ASKED ABOUT MY DAD AND ALL THE COLOR CHANGE THAT WAS OCCURING IN THIS STRONG, VIRIL, NOTHING CAN HURT MY DAD, GUY. SO I GO WITH JANELLE. FUTURE EMPLOYERS ASIDE, IT STILL BELONGS TO ALI TO MAKE THE DECISION. DAD

Anonymous said...

I attempted to grow facial hair a couple of summers ago on our three week marathon vacation. I didn't have anywhere near as much as you do in that photo. I'm just too much of a girly-man.

It looks good on you though. Someday, when I get a little more manly, maybe I'll do the same.

Anonymous said...

Dude - It looks GREAT! Trim the sides in a little closer to your mouth and you're set! However, my opinion is do what ever you want! If you think you look good, you do. People around you adjust to it. (disclaimer...if your little lady likes it, KEEP IT! If she don't...LOOSE IT!)

Janelle said...

So what were the voting results?