Friday, February 2, 2007

His first love

4yo: Mom, will you cut up my food?
Dad: I'll do it.
4yo: No, Mommy has to do it! (this is a common demand)
Dad: Why can't I do it, Mommy is busy.
4yo: Because I love Mommy lots more than you.
Dad: Oh :(
4yo: Remember, I told you, Yellow Blankie first, then Mommy, then Daddy.
Mom: So, if you had to pick between Mommy going away forever, and yellow blanky going away forever, which would you choose?
Dad: Who would you want to stay?
4yo: (Face scrunched- deep in thought)
4yo: I want Yellow Blankie to stay. Yellow Blankie is my first love.
Mom: Oh :(
4yo: But Mom, I love you lots more than Dad!

1 comment:

John and Laura said...

Funny! Kids are so funny in a don't-take-it-personally-but-i-
love-my-blanket-more-than-you kind of way. As I write this, my girls are fighting over a stupid plastic magnifying glass and a book. We have 800 different toys in this house!! Find something else to play with! Yet somehow, they manage to show us their sweet and lovable side more than once a day.
--Minerva