Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Really not a redneck

I sat down to write up a post about our labor day outing, but I noticed that Jill beat me to it. She did a much better job than I could have done, so I'll just let you read hers.

I will say that she makes me sound like Jethro from the hills, which I am not.


I do enjoy an occasional jaunt into the hills, and I do enjoy the gentlemanly art of marksmanship. I do not, however, say "get-er-done", nor do I line dance, and I am quite certain that I've never tasted road kill. I'm really not a redneck (although my neck is currently a bright shade of red from a sunburn from the trip). And even if you believe Jill's post and think that I am such a creature, look at this picture- see, she's one too! Look how much the boys have grown up in the last year!


On a related topic- I really like my Wrangler. It's so much fun. I made Jill get out and take some pictures, and even a video. Sorry, Jill! One interesting thing about pictures and video, is that hills never look as big as they actually are in real life.



Here's another good picture from the trip. Parker has been learning about erosion at school, an look! A perfect example.





Here's a video of the valley we were exploring. Isn't it beautiful? It's such a foreign beauty to what I am accustomed.

5 comments:

Chelita said...

Oh Jeff! We are both quite the red necks- don't deny it! :)

I loved the videos- I'm still amazed at your jeep! Lets do it again!

John said...

I have to say the first picture of Jill and the boys looks like a pitch for a new movie poster about a family out in the woods who have a need to defend themselves. I imagine something like giant spiders or aliens attacking. You're all having an outing with guns and blamo, you save the world.

Anonymous said...

How fun to have a wonderful place to explore and a wonderful jeep to do it in.

Joey said...

I want to go next time. can you swing by and pick me up?

Anonymous said...

And Dad Says
Wow, what more can I add. I had memories of trips past and visions of areas that I cant remember the location of. Whats more, I wish I had been there to enjoy that trip. I think I will leave the red skin out of my personal memories. It looks like it hurts to be a "red neck". Just be creful and have loads of fun. Dad