Monday, September 15, 2008

Inconsistencies

Tank has been doing really well on his spelling tests lately. Well, not the challenge words.

Here's a sampling of some of the standard words from his spelling tests lately:
pen
men
ten
get
it
you
ox
box
got

pretty standard first grade material. Here's a sampling of some of the challenge words from the same tests:

sentence
enthusiastic
friend
approximately
oxygen
forgotten

Huh?? Does that make sense to you? I thought challenge words for first grade would be something with four letters like "jump" or "home". This is how he spelled them on the Monday pre-test.

sentintis
enfyoselastick
frend
appromtae
ochgyin
forgotin (pretty close!)

At least they only count as extra credit.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

I was so enthusiastic to write this sentence. But then a friend
blew some oxygen approximately in my direction and I have forgotten what I was going to say.

Chelita said...

That is still maing me laugh! Maybe he's in an excellerated program. (Maybe excellerated should be a challenge word because I dont thin that I spelled that right! )

Jefferson said...

Wow, Chelita. You haven't had a spelling test for a while, I see. Three spelling mistakes in one comment. You would never pass first grade.

Chelita said...

Wow! you're right! I even missed the easy ones!!! Oops- back to first grade for me!