Saturday, October 4, 2008

Stupid dog

As I've written about before, we are trying again with a new dog. Why? I dunno. I guess we're gluttons for punishment. Our dog, Max, is the closest thing I've seen to the perfect pet for us. He mostly sleeps and lays around. Every now and then, though, his dog-ish nature comes out and look what happens!

Allie has started horseback riding lessons. I was all for it, but I wondered why you need lessons. I mean, you just sit on the horse and he carries you around, right? Wrong. Apparently it takes quite a bit of skill. Anyway, I'm trying to get her to post about it, so I won't comment on it too much here.

Suffice it to say, she is having a blast. We had to go out and buy her some cowgirl boots. They have all sort of fancy ones now, and we found some comfortable ones that were oh so cute!

Last week, Allie went to her lesson and then had to rush home, change, and get to work. She threw her boots down and rushed off.

She had a stressful day at work(boy, I wish I could blog about that!) Then she got home and found this! Not good. Why did he do this? He'll barely eat dog treats. He won't chew on chew toys. He barely plays at all. Why did he decide to ingest a boot? Your guess is as good as mine. My guess is that it smelled of horse, and that set something off in his microscopic dog brain.

The funnest part was finding pieces of green boot in his smelly dog piles all week long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Max had that much energy. Allie I'm so sorry that it happened to your very cute boots. Good luck with the horseback riding classes. We'd love to hear about them. I'm so glad that you are starting a new and fun adventure.