Monday, November 20, 2006

Hobbies

For the last 9 years (the nine years since my oldest child was born) my hobbies have pretty much been trying to keep the kids from damaging themselves or anything around them. Then after they went to bed, I would be too exhausted to do much else. It is really amazing how much effort you have to put into small children.

This last summer I suddenly realised that the kids are old enough to start enjoying participating in some activities that are fun for adults as well. This realization bloomed into a really fun summer of hobbies with my boys. The oldest has taken up tennis, so we would go often to the park to practice. My neighbor bought a remote controlled airplane, so I finally caved and bought one as well (I have always wanted one). The boys are old enough to last a decent distance on a bike, so we went on a lot of rides. I've started going shooting again, after a long hiatus. We also rented a boat and some seadoos, which we all loved. There was also quite a bit of hiking, even though we couldn't get too far without someone getting tired. And of course, camping.

As I'm writing this, I'm realizing that I have a lot of material to write about each one of these hobbies. Way to much material for this one post. Watch this space for more exiting details to come!

No comments: